Wednesday, July 15, 2009

delicious

I just recently started using delicious and see where it can be very useful for not only keeping a list of your favorite sites but also for the ability to see what others with similar interests are using.

The programming team at my branch has had a word document list of good storytime idea websites for several years and a few months ago I decided to put it on delicious instead. It is a website any of us can log into from any computer to get directly to the links... we can all add new ideas to it easily and it is a "fluid" document rather then the word document that never got changed very often. I don't think we have had it long enough to really see if it is going to suit our needs yet but it will be interesting to see if we are more prone to making changes and updating this then we were to the old way.

I really like the idea of social bookmarking because I personally use a lot of different computers in my day to day life and it is just easier then having to remember to bookmark something in several places... or going to start a project only to realize you don't have that website saved on the PC you are sitting at.

No comments: