Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Flickr!

I do a lot of photo uploading to the web (to shutterfly, facebook etc) but have never tried Flickr. I took the tour of the website (they call it the "magical feature tour" :-)) and learned a lot. I really liked how well you can organize your photos on this site (it appeals to the librarian in me I guess)... allowing you to have folders and to group those folders into broader categories (by year etc). I also thought the ability to "map" your photos was pretty fun.

Recently I was looking at my cousin's (who is only 14 and much more computer literate than I) facebook account and her photos and noticed she was doing some fun editing with a website called picnik.com and I didn't realize they had anything to do with Flickr but it turns out that this is the website that Flickr uses for editing. I think I might have to open an account and try my hand at it.

It seems that Flickr has just about everything I want in a photo storage/editing/sharing website. I guess the only reason I hold out is because I really like all of my photos to be in one place and the thought of moving all of them from one site to another doesn't seem like so much fun. I can barely remember to get them off my camera and onto my computer :-).

No comments: